I had been thinking about starting to take more lens based photographs and came across a Yashica Mat TLR. Based on the serial number it was made in the early part of 1969. It is in good condition for it’s age and everything works as it should. I have always found the square format appealing and look forward to using the camera. Here are some images from the first roll.
I have been making tri colour gum prints lately. These are from a series titled “Small Stories” and are digital pinhole photographs.
I have been shooting Arista Ortho Litho Film 3.0 in my Zero Image 45 pinhole camera. I had been developing in Dektol 1:30 but found the contrast to be a little high. This time I exposed at an ISO of 3 and developed for 3 minutes in Dektol 1:10 with added Potassium Bromide as a restrainer. The images could have used more exposure but overall I am pleased with the results.
I purchased the Thingyfy pinhole lens for my Micro 4/3 camera. Nice all metal build quality. With a focal length of 11mm and an aperture of f74 it has a very wide angle of view.
Shot another roll of Fomapan 100 in the Scura pinhole camera and got much better results.
I bought the Scura pinhole camera from Dora Goodman. It is a 3d printed camera that you have to assemble yourself. It is a curved film plane panorama camera that I found to have a very strange aspect ratio.
As much as I want to love the camera, unfortunately I find the aspect ratio not to my liking.
Continuing to print from the archives. The following are zone plate images take with a digital camera. Printed with two layers of ivory black and two layers of burnt umber. The images are perhaps a little less defined than I had intended..
I have been printing some of the images from the “Quiet Light” series as gum bichromate prints. Printed on pre-shrunk and sized Fabriano Artistico watercolour paper using potassium dichromate as the sensitizer. I usually print a weak layer of ivory black followed by a layer of burnt umber and finished with another layer of ivory black.
One of the unexpected benefits of the current situation is I now have the time to go through my archives. I discovered these zone plate images that I took 10 years ago and printed them as cyanotypes this week
I had a desire to work with circular images so I created a camera out of a tea tin and cut photo paper with a circle cutter to fit. In the end it proved to be more work than it was worth.